Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) is a state-owned road transportation company in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The headquarters of APSRTC is situated at the NTR Administrative Block of RTC House at the Pandit Nehru bus station in Vijayawada. Many other Indian states like Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Odisha, Maharashtra, and Chhattisgarh are also connected to APSRTC services.
APSRTC was the first state-of-the-art transportation system that uses live bus tracking stations. GPS (Global Positioning System) is optimized for all types of buses.
APSRTC was established on 11 January 1958 in terms of the Road Transport Corporations Act of 1950. Previously, they were part of the Nizam State Rail and Roads Department. Due to the division of Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the TSRTC operates as a separate entity from 3 June 2015. APSRTC operates from Vijayawada (Pandit Nehru Bus Stand) as the Andhra Pradesh Provincial Headquarters.
The organization is divided into four sections by twelve District Managers. It has a total of 11,678 buses (8964 owned by the government; 2714 leased) operating 44.15 lakh kilometres and has 426 bus stations and 126 bus terminals. As of 30 January 2019, all APSRTC vehicles in the province are registered as AP – 39, followed by “Z” and four numbers.
APSRTC operates through a variety of services, such as Venn-ela, Night Rider, Amaravati, Garuda Plus, Indra, Super Luxury, Ultra-Deluxe/Deluxe, Express, Saptagiri Luxury, Saptagiri Express, Metro Express, Metro Luxury, Metro Luxury Semi Low Floor, Metro Deluxe, Pallevelugu, Ordinary City.
As of March 2019, the organization has incurred a whopping $ 5,995 crores.
Details About the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC)
|Type of Organisation
||Public Sector Organization under Andhra Pradesh State Department of Transport
|Industry of the Organisation
||Public Transport Bus Service
||11 January 1958 (63 years ago)
||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Service Provision Area
||Perni Venkataramaiah (Minister of Transport, Government of Andhra Pradesh)
R.P Takur (I.P.S.) (Deputy Chairperson and MD)
|Products of the Organisation
||Bus, Courier and Parcel Service
|Revenue of the Organisation
||₹ 57,000,000,000 (US $ 800 million)
APSRTC has also won several awards for the outstanding service it has been providing to the people of Andhra Pradesh.
- APSRTC entered the Guinness Book of World Records on 31st October 1999, with 22,000 buses, becoming the world’s largest bus fleet.
- High km/L (Kilometers per litre) fuel efficiency in 2011-12 – Mofussil and Vijayawada (urban section) services
- Best Road Safety Record for the year 2012–13
- Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation has the first known numbers for its debt in India.
- The first to increase the number of road transport operators in the country in the year 1932.
- First to introduce night bus services for long-distance travel.
- APSRTC was also the first to introduce A/C Sleeper, Hi-tech, Metro Liner, Inter-City Services and Metro Express.
- The first to introduce a depot computer – in 1986.
- The first is to appoint a Safety Commissioner to improve passenger safety.
- All 126 government depots are computerized.
- Telephone ticket bookings and home ticket delivery.